A Kenyan National who has been residing outside the country is entitled to the privilege of importing one (unit) Motor Vehicle on tax – free basis as returning resident subject to the following conditions:
1. – A Kenyan is more than 18 years changing residents permanently.
2. - Must have stayed in the foreign country for more than Two (2) years.
3. - Owned and used the vehicle for a period not less than 365 Days excluding the period of voyage.
4. -The vehicle must be private (Not Commercial) and incase of pick up not exceeding Two (2) Tones.
5. -The unit should arrive within 90 Days of arrival of the owner.
6. -Within the Two(2) years you have been away ,you ought not have made a visit and stayed in Kenya for a period exceeding 90 Days in aggregate.
7.-Documents required to apply for the exemption from customs commissioner application is to be supported by attaching the following.
-Original passport to confirm 1, 2,5and 6 above
-Logbook to confirm point 3 AND 4 A BOVE
-Bill of lading or Airway Bill incase it is air lifted confirm point 5 above
-KRA pin card
-Insurance sticker for the cover you have been using for the vehicle At least for one (1) year.
-Airport boarding Pass.